Public Affairs Booking Internship
CRAFT | Media / Digital seeks motivated students in the communications, journalism, and public relations fields to work with our Public Affairs and Booking divisions.
CRAFT | Media / Digital, a young and rapidly expanding political and public affairs firm, seeks a hip, energetic, responsible self-starter to join our dynamic Public Affairs/Booking team. Our interns assist in various projects, including research, day-to-day monitoring, blogger outreach, pitching reporters, and helping place clients on major television news networks and programs. The Public Affairs/Booking intern will also work collaboratively across channels with other firm employees to coordinate project goals and work duties.
Student interns at CRAFT | Media/Digital receive hands-on training and portable expertise in developing and executing strategic communications plans around political, public affairs, and issue advocacy campaigns. We offer our interns an opportunity to bring their creative strengths and critical thinking abilities to bear on the problems we solve for our clients. We encourage and rely on our interns to engage the political landscape in Washington and beyond, helping them to cultivate skills, experiences, and relationships that are fundamental to a successful career in politics, whether they go on to work for campaigns, non-profit organizations, or the media.
CRAFT places a high importance on creativity. No matter how old you are, your ideas matter and may find their way to our final product.
- Conducts blogger and media outreach as directed
- Conducts research and analysis as directed
- Coordinates meetings, staff scheduling and travel as directed
- Maintains corporate files
- Uses computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, Internet browsers, calendar, e-mail and database software in performing work assignments
- Participate in company marketing and business development strategy
- Other projects and duties as requested, directed or assigned
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Professional manner
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment, as well as to work independently and exercise sound, pro-active professional judgment
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and projects simultaneously in a creative environment where interruptions are common
- Commitment to responsiveness and customer service
- Proficiency with PC and/or Apple operating systems, as well as word processing, spreadsheets, and Internet browsing applications
- Must be well versed on cable news programming: Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, etc.
- Must have a genuine interest in cable news
- Required to watch TV… a lot.
Education and Training
Must be an enrolled college student with an interest in political communication, media production and post-production. Prior communications-related experience a plus; communications, journalism and public relations majors are preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit for extended periods of time
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com