Strategic Initiatives Manager
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
Reporting Relationship: This position reports directly to the CEO.
Summary: The Strategic Initiatives Manager at CRAFT | Media/Digital is responsible for three key initiatives crucial to the firm’s growth: day-to-day logistics for the CEO, support and management of special projects for high-level accounts, and assistance with business development operations. The position serves as a liaison for the CEO with staff, prospects, and other business associates, and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Manage relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manage a variety of special projects for the CEO, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected.
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments, responsibilities, and issues taking place in the environment, following up appropriately.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters efficiently, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Edit and complete first drafts for written communications to external stakeholders.
- Understand key client information including business strategy, products and services, key customers and competitors.
- Coordinate projects and events including inviting influencers, attending events, and preparing reports.
- Assist with client service administration including preparing client status and activity reports, attending meetings and conference calls, compiling conversational monitoring reports and competitor coverage, scheduling and logistics.
- Track status of account activities and assist in proactively sharing updates with the CEO, Principles and clients.
- Facilitate ideation opportunities for current and new account work.
- Assist with executing strategies for driving and growing revenue by:
- Managing, tracking, and streamlining new-business leads and processes from initial lead/meeting to successful “close.”
- Following-up and tracking business leads generated by CEO, firm Leadership and Directors.
- Managing lead tracking process and provide regular feedback and reports in weekly meetings, i.e. tabulating Business Development performance metrics.
- Assist with identifying and pursuing new business opportunities with existing and prospective clients.
- Assist with growing accounts by developing and following through with new opportunities and relationships.
- Assist with the proposal process, including writing key documents and participating in proposal reviews, and execution of proposal delivery, results and issue resolution.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; comfortable interfacing with a wide range of associates from senior level executives to junior level staff, ability to collaborate with others to create and sustain positive working relationships, and demonstrated ability to influence at the senior levels.
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- High degree of emotional intelligence, able to respond to subtle cues and react with situational appropriateness. Adept to proactive problem solving. Not easily flustered.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment, as well as to work independently with minimal supervision and exercise sound professional judgment.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion in an environment exposed to a high level of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Shown ability to be a forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including being available outside of regular business hours.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3 years minimum experience in PR, marketing, or advertising field.
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications and partnership development.
- Proficiency in Apple Operating Systems, Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Adobe Acrobat and Social Media web platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Required to sit for extended periods of time.
- Work performed in an open office environment.
- Daily work performed Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Additional hours may be required on an as needed basis.
Please submit your cover letter and resume, with salary requirements, in PDF format to jobs@CRAFTdc.com.