CRAFT Seeks Video Editor
CRAFT seeks highly motivated, resourceful individuals that are eager to stand on the front lines of today’s most high profile policy debates, notable non-profit initiatives and high-stakes corporate communications campaigns. CRAFT| Media/Digital is a political and public affairs firm, and the work we produce is a reflection of our clients’ views.
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to the Director of Media Production, Joe Greeley.
Summary: The Video Editor is the lead shooter/editor of the video production team. This position works in coordination with other members of the video production unit and under guidance from the Director of Media Production and Account Executives.
- Act as Producer, Director of Photography, Camera Operator, and/or Director on video shoots.
- Edit television ads, web videos, radio ads, and other media products.
- Supervise internal post-production processes, assisting where necessary to ensure projects are completed on budget and on time.
- Assist with script writing and participate in creative brainstorming sessions.
- Work with Account Executives to ensure client needs are met and client visions are accomplished.
- Ensure all camera equipment is maintained in good condition and properly stored.
- Assist the Director of Media Production in hiring crew and renting equipment as needed for video shoots.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Preferred candidates will have worked with several different types of cameras in the field and understand which production tools are suitable for different kinds of video projects.
- Experience with higher-level production equipment such as dollies, jibs, sliders, and/or Steadicam is a plus.
- The Media Producer should also be highly proficient with current video editing software including Final Cut Pro and/or Adobe Premiere Pro. Knowledge of Adobe After Effects or other animation programs and ability to utilize them is a plus.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects and deadlines, executing high quality work products under tight deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to identify and resolve obstacles with problem-solving techniques.
- Project management experience and the capability to coordinate internal and external resources, deliverables, and timelines to guarantee project profitability and client satisfaction.
- Applied experience with online creative design for website creation and advertising.
- Professional manner and highly polished interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment, as well as to work independently, and exercise sound professional judgment.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and projects simultaneously in a creative environment where interruptions are common.
- Commitment to responsiveness, high quality work, confidentiality, and customer service
- Proficiency with Apple operating systems, as well as word processing, spreadsheets, and Internet browsing applications.
Education and Training
Bachelors Degree and at least 3 years of relevant work experience required.
- Work performed in an open floor plan office environment. Collaboration and interruptions are common.
- Client list includes pro-business advocacy organizations.
- Daily work performed Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Additional hours may be required on an as needed basis
Please submit your cover letter and resume, with salary requirements and a link to your video reel, in PDF format to email@example.com. Only applications with reels will be considered.