CRAFT| Media/Digital is a dynamic and rapidly growing public affairs, public relations, and corporate
communications agency. CRAFT seeks highly motivated, resourceful individuals that are eager to take on complex public affairs campaigns, high profile policy debates, notable non-profit initiatives, and high-stakes corporate communications campaigns. The work we produce is a reflection of our clients’ views.
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to a Vice President.
Summary: A CRAFT Creative Services Manager is responsible for day-to-day activities in support of client services, specifically managing the creative production agency wide. This role is focused on keeping the team organized and properly resourced throughout the development and execution process for creative projects, making strategic recommendations and decisions around resource planning and management. The Creative Services Manager liaises between the creative team, account staff, and leadership of the agency, and works with clients to coordinate and execute video and design projects.
- Lead project-based staffing across the Creative department for both active client work and pitch work
- Establish and convey scope, timelines, and expectations of video and design projects to Account teams and leadership
- Liaise timeline and resource expectations between the Creative and Account teams
- Utilize, maintain, and build resource/time tracking and capacity planning tools to effectively monitor the Creative team’s bandwidth
- Oversee quality assurance and compliance with brand guidelines and project briefs of creative deliverables
- Maintain awareness of all active projects at the agency, and help the Account teams build creative
- development schedules based on our team’s capacity
- Facilitate project kickoffs to promote collaboration, discuss project goals, prioritize action items, and play to the strengths of all creative team members
- Spearhead creative recruiting efforts by working with department leads and leadership to identify team
- needs and manage efforts to find both freelance and full-time candidates
- Review talent, crew, editor/director/post-house reels and provide recommendations for best-fit resources
- Supervise internal post-production processes, assisting where necessary to ensure projects are completed on budget and on time
- Leverage TV/print/digital production expertise and post-house contacts to add value to projects
- Serve as financial lead on video projects including establishing budget and executing department billing
- Propose strategic recommendations that promote project development, team culture, and profitability
- Liaise with Account team to create client concept memos, SOWs, and scripts to guide client/agency
- Directly manage creative vendors, strategic partners, and CRAFT video production staff
- Meet deadlines, prioritize tasks, and manage budgets and campaign costs effectively
- Other projects and duties as requested, directed, or assigned
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 2-5 years of experience at an agency or like environment as a project manager, production manager, or similar role
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects and deadlines, executing high quality work products under tight deadlines with strong attention to detail
- Ability to identify and resolve obstacles with problem-solving techniques
- Project management experience and the capability to coordinate internal and external resources, deliverables, and timelines to guarantee project profitability and client satisfaction
- Ability to handle quantitative data such as budgets, and electronic media buys
- Professional demeanor and highly polished interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment, as well as to work independently and exercise sound professional judgment
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and projects simultaneously in a fast paced, highly creative environment where interruptions are common
- Commitment to responsiveness, high quality work, confidentiality, and customer service
- Strong industry awareness or aptitude in developing strong industry awareness (political and advertising)
- Ability to understand client feedback and be able to deliver the feedback to a creative team in a constructive and logical way
- Proficiency with Apple operating systems, as well as word processing, spreadsheets, and Internet browsing applications
- The following technical knowledge is not required but is a plus:
- Demonstrated experience as a producer (AD reel preferable)
- Proficiency with current video editing software including Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects or other animation programs
- Working knowledge of video/TV distribution platforms such as YouTube, Extreme Reach, DG Fast Channel and video distribution strategy
- Experience working on production shoots with an understanding of the moving parts (crew roles, lighting the set, etc.)
- Experience working with several different types of cameras in the field and an understanding of which production tools are suitable for different kinds of video projects
- Hands-on knowledge of higher-level production equipment such as dollies, jibs, sliders, and/or Steadicam
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2-5 years of relevant work experience required.
- Agency experience is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding to work with clients’ government affairs teams on advocacy related issues strongly preferred.
- Hybrid work model
- Daily work performed Monday through Friday, 9.00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.; additional hours may be required on an as-needed basis.
- Travel may be required for various production shoots
- Please submit your cover letter and resume, with salary requirements, in PDF format to email@example.com.