CRAFT| Media/Digital is a dynamic and rapidly growing public affairs, public relations, and corporate
communications agency. CRAFT seeks highly motivated, resourceful individuals that are eager to take on complex public affairs campaigns, high profile policy debates, notable non-profit initiatives, and high-stakes corporate communications campaigns. The work we produce is a reflection of our clients’ views.
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to a Vice President.
Summary: A CRAFT Director of Production will lead all of CRAFT’s Production needs. This is a hybrid role responsible for video production and creative resource allocation. The Director of Production liaises between the creative team, account staff, and leadership of the agency, and works with clients to coordinate and execute video and design projects.
- Act as a Producer, Director of Photography, Camera Operator, and/or Director on video shoots that includes overseeing and executing the following:
- Shoot production, direction, and coordination including managing internal staff and external crew on shoots and edits
- Shoot memos
- Script writing
- VO direction
- Production and edit schedule
- Lead project management across the Creative department that includes the following:
- Establish, manage, and convey goals, scope, timelines, and expectations of production project to Account teams and leadership
- Liaison timeline and resource expectations between the Creative and Account teams
- Serve as financial lead on production projects including establishing budget and executing department billing
- Manage multiple work streams to complete deliverables across traditional and digital advertising projects
- Review treatments, talent, crew, editor/director/post-house reels and provide recommendations for best-fit resources
- Supervise internal post-production processes, assisting where necessary to ensure projects are completed on budget and on time.
- Directly manage creative vendors, strategic partners, and CRAFT video production staff
- Propose strategic recommendations that promote project development, team culture, and profitability
- Organize and manage agency production files
- Negotiate with clients and agency staff regarding campaign details
- Leverage TV/print/digital production expertise and post-house contacts to add value to projects
- Liaise with Account teams to create client concept memos, SOWs, and scripts to guide client/agency relationship
- Contribute to the business development process when needed, including developing video strategies and creative concept memos.
- Meet deadlines, prioritize tasks, and manage budgets and campaign costs effectively
- Other projects and duties as requested, directed, or assigned
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 3-5 years of experience at an agency or like environment as a production manager, producer, or similar role
- Demonstrated experience as a producer (AD reel preferable)
- Proficiency with current video editing software including Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects or other animation programs is a plus
- Working knowledge of video/TV distribution platforms such as YouTube, Extreme Reach, DG Fast Channel and video distribution strategy
- Experience working on production shoots with an understanding of the moving parts (crew roles, lighting the set, etc.)
- Experience working with several different types of cameras in the field and an understanding of which production tools are suitable for different kinds of video projects
- Hands-on knowledge of higher-level production equipment such as dollies, jibs, sliders, and/or Steadicam is a plus
- Ability to multitask and prioritize projects and deadlines, executing high quality work products under tight deadlines with strong attention to detail
- Ability to identify and resolve obstacles with problem-solving techniques
- Project management experience and the capability to coordinate internal and external resources, deliverables, and timelines to guarantee project profitability and client satisfaction
- Ability to handle quantitative data such as budgets, and electronic media buys
- Professional demeanor and highly polished interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment, as well as to work independently and exercise sound professional judgment
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and projects simultaneously in a fast paced, highly creative environment where interruptions are common
- Commitment to responsiveness, high quality work, confidentiality, and customer service
- Strong industry awareness or aptitude in developing strong industry awareness (political and advertising)
- Ability to understand client feedback and be able to deliver the feedback to a creative team in a constructive and logical way
- Proficiency with Apple operating systems, as well as word processing, spreadsheets, and Internet browsing applications
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of relevant work experience required.
- Agency experience is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding to work with clients’ government affairs teams on advocacy related issues strongly preferred.
- Hybrid work model
- Daily work performed Monday through Friday, 9.00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.; additional hours may be required on an as-needed basis.
- Travel may be required
- Please submit your cover letter and resume, with salary requirements, in PDF format to email@example.com.