CRAFT | Media/Digital Seeks Web Developer
CRAFT seeks highly motivated, resourceful individuals that are eager to stand on the front lines of today’s most contentious public affairs campaigns, high profile policy debates, notable non-profit initiatives and high-stakes corporate communications campaigns. CRAFT| Media/Digital is a public affairs, public relations and corporate branding firm, and the work we produce is a reflection of our clients’ views.
The Web Developer at CRAFT | Media/Digital is an experienced developer that can create and maintain websites. This position works with WordPress and other CMS tools, building images and visual components, writing code for new pages and layouts and integrating external tools into websites.
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to the Director of Technology.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Salary and Benefits: Salary and Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package offered.
- Create and maintain websites using WordPress and other CMS tools
- Build custom themes for WordPress from scratch
- Build images and components in PhotoShop
- Write HTMLS from scratch without the aid of a visual editor
- Write code for new web pages and layouts in HTML and CSS, integrating external tools such as social networking via embedded widgets or donation platforms using API
- Write CSS from scratch, understanding and troubleshooting styles for cross-browser compatibility
- Using Adobe Creative Suite, lay out websites, feature images, adapt graphics and logos, and translate website mockups into code
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience and competency with HTML 5, CSS 3, and other emergent standards
- Full understanding of DOM required
- Experience writing custom plug-ins for WordPress is preferred
- Experience implementing responsive design
- Experience implementing parallax scrolling in WordPress themes
- Database knowledge (MySQL/MSSQL) is a plus
- Professional manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment, as well as to work independently and exercise sound professional judgment with minimal supervision
- Agency or campaign experience preferred
- Commitment to responsiveness and customer service
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- Required to sit for extended periods of time
- Hybrid work model.
- Daily work performed Monday through Friday, 9.00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.; additional hours may be required on an as-needed basis.
Please submit your cover letter and resume, with salary requirements, in PDF format to jobs@CRAFTdc.com.