CRAFT is seeking a Communications Account Executive who’s the perfect mix of social media savvy, detail-oriented and client obsessed. You can develop client strategies while simultaneously executing the day-to-day deliverables on your accounts. You understand what it takes to plan, organize, and lead a variety of projects from inception to completion.
You are at the intersection of traditional PR, digital media, brand marketing and advocacy. You’re media agnostic and excel at turning complicated policy issues into easily communicated and persuasive messages. You’re a confident communicator, with demonstrated experience getting media attention for clients, and eager to stand on the front lines of today’s high profile policy debates, notable non-profit initiatives, and high-stakes corporate communications campaigns.
Most importantly, you’re motivated, resourceful, and eager to stand on the front lines of today’s high profile policy debates, notable non-profit initiatives, and high-stakes corporate communications campaigns.
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to the Vice President of Communications.
Summary: The Account Executive is responsible for drafting op-eds, letters-to-the-editors, press releases, blog posts, social media and ad copy, while also conducting outreach for online/digital, print, trade, television, and radio pitches.
- Create quality content to include op-eds, letters-to-the-editors, press releases, social media posts, blog posts, email content, ad copy, and other written deliverables as they arise. Effectively present work to clients for approval or modification.
- Conduct media outreach on behalf of clients to mainstream online, print, trade, TV, and radio.
- Engage with audiences on social and digital platforms.
- Work with the design and development teams to usher ideas” from a brainstorm to execution to completion.
- Establish a sophisticated working knowledge of our client’s issues, culture and challenges and maintain strong client relationships.
- Work successfully in a cross-functional team environment, as well as independently and exercise sound professional judgment.
- Execute high quality work under tight deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Execute communication strategies for clients in the areas of political advocacy, crisis communications, and brand reputation management.
- Turn complicated policy issues into easily communicated and persuasive messages, and integrate into broader communications strategies.
- Prepare clients with media training before interviews and on-camera appearances.
- Organize media and video coverage, management of press conferences, rallies, and events.
- Stay ahead of, and utilize, the latest communications and technology platforms.
- Effectively navigate between administrative, account, and other business tasks.
- Work cross-functionally to deliver exceptional communications services that leverage digital and social media tactics.
- Prepare agendas, attend client meetings and lead calls.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in journalism and/or campaign media relations, public relations, and marketing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences, tell a good story and resonate with the media.
- Network of media contacts, experience and comfort pitching journalists, and organizing media events.
- Familiarity with social and digital first- and third-party platforms, content management systems (e.g., WordPress), social engagement tools (e.g., Buffer), and other emerging digital platforms.
- Understanding of digital, traditional, and paid media.
- Ability to represent CRAFT at client meetings and lead client calls.
- Commitment to responsiveness, confidentiality, and customer service.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and meet deadlines.
- Professional disposition with highly polished interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with PC and/or Apple operating systems, as well as word processing, spreadsheets, and internet browsing applications.
Education and Training
Bachelor’s Degree and 1-2 years of relevant work experience required. Agency experience strongly preferred.
- Required to sit for extended periods of time.
- Work performed in an open office environment
- Daily work performed Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Additional hours may be required on an as needed basis.
Please submit your cover letter, resume with salary requirements, and any creative and writing samples you’d like to share, in PDF format to jobs@CRAFTdc.com.