CRAFT| Media/Digital is a dynamic and rapidly growing public affairs, public relations, and corporate communications agency. CRAFT seeks highly motivated, resourceful individuals that are eager to take on complex public affairs campaigns, high profile policy debates, notable non-profit initiatives, and high-stakes corporate communications campaigns. The work we produce is a reflection of our clients’ views.
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to a Vice President.
Summary: A CRAFT Associate Media Director is an enthusiastic team-player who’s ready to tackle any campaign, big or small. The Associate Media Director is responsible for leading the day-to-day management of advertising campaigns, working with CRAFT’s account teams to plan, present, and execute a strategy. They can easily turn data into a campaign narrative, guiding their colleagues and clients throughout the marketing process.
The Associate Media Director produces comprehensive advertising plans, coordinates real time ad performance dashboards, and compiles thoughtful post-campaign reports. They build strong vendor relationships and coordinate with them when needed. They’re excited to tackle federal and state policy issues, reach legislators, leverage influencers, and drive grassroots audiences to take advocacy action.
You’ll know you have what it takes to join our team if:
- You are a digital strategist, able to manage every element of a digital advertising campaign.
- You are an ad tech aficionado, able to navigate the “DSP, SSP, OTT, DMA” alphabet soup.
- You embody a commitment to client service, willing to communicate with and manage CRAFT’s diverse client base.
- You are a project manager, capable of overseeing multiple campaigns and initiatives.
- You are an enthusiast, eager to learn and implement the latest trends in digital.
- You aspire to manage and are excited to onboard and oversee the work of junior-level, interns, and/or part time staff.
- You are a student, ready to learn and understand our clients’ issues, challenges, and points of view.
- Work with Leadership, Media, Digital, and Creative to formulate ad plans, memos, and ad reports.
- Directly manage effective, measurable, and successful ad campaigns.
- Ensure consistency and quality of campaigns.
- Communicate ad performance to clients and account teams effectively, translating the advertising alphabet soup into actionable insights.
- Develop advertising plans that clearly outline budget allocation, channel utilization, selected markets, target audiences, and other ad variables.
- Contribute to campaign strategy development and inform how advertising integrates with other account deliverables.
- Execute traditional and digital advertising buys. (This includes initiating insertion orders and placing ads programmatically.)
- Monitor campaign performance and communicate recommendations across the leadership, accounts, and client teams.
- Compile mid-flight and post-campaign ad reports that capture key data points and tells a compelling narrative.
- Serve as a client-facing source for campaign updates and other account-relevant contributions.
- Build and maintain strong vendor relationships to ensure CRAFT has access to the latest and greatest ad tech and digital service offerings across the industry.
- Contribute to the business development process when needed, including developing prospective ad strategies.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem—a strong familiarity with digital advertising platforms and base knowledge of DSPs, SSPs, and ad exchanges is required.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and meet deadlines. Execute high-quality work under tight deadlines with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment, as well as independently and exercise sound professional judgment.
- Extensive experience with Excel or Google Sheets.
- Experience with some or all of the following: Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads Manager, Google Tag Manager, Twitter Ads, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, Snapchat Ads, Google Analytics.
- Experience with Google Data Studio, Supermetrics, Tableau, Power BI, or other data visualization software.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of relevant work experience required.
- Agency experience is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding to work with clients’ government affairs teams on advocacy related issues strongly preferred.
- Hybrid work model.
- Daily work performed Monday through Friday, 9.00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.; additional hours may be required on an as-needed basis.
- Please submit your cover letter and resume, with salary requirements, in PDF format to digitaljobs@CRAFTdc.com.