Do You Know What June 30th Is?
★★★Today, marks the 6th annual social media day or #SMDay. Whether you tweet, post, snap or insta, you have to agree that social media has a profound impact on our lives, influencing the way we shop, work, exercise, travel, and vote.
SIX KEY SOCIAL MEDIA TAKEAWAYS FOR COMMUNICATIONS EXPERTS
★★★Even if you eschew social media, it’s teaching us something about our audiences:
1. Quality Over Quantity, Always. Our Digital Veep, John Randall, says: “It’s about engagement, not vanity metrics.” Read more of his thoughts in a recent National Journal article.
2. Mobile Dominates. The average American spends 2.8 hours a day on mobile screens. Plan, design, and build for mobile first, or else you’re already losing.
3. Images Tell a Story. There’s a reason why Snapchat is the fastest growing social media app. If you were to view all of the photos shared on Snapchat in the last hour, how long would it take?
4. Newsjack. Remember the dress? Find ways to insert your messages into what’s #trending. Talk to your audiences about what they’re talking about.
5. Politicians Are Mini-Brands. They’re on social media. They care about what people are saying and how they’re perceived. See what the GOP contenders are up to.
6. KIS (Keep it Short) is the new KISS. What do your audiences have in common with a goldfish?
★★★Is this you? Or someone you know?
Senior Account Manager – You are a Jack or Jill of all trades. You develop high-level client strategies while simultaneously executing the day-to-day deliverables on your accounts. You live and breathe digital media, but you’re not afraid to tackle traditional media either. You’re a creative, but the type of creative who can usher a “big idea” from inception to completion. Learn more here.
Digital Media Strategist – You are a digital strategist and an artist in community management. You laugh in the face of “industry standard” organic engagement levels and view outperforming those standards as a winnable challenge. You’re a creative. You’re a highly motivated, resourceful individual that’s eager to stand on the front lines of today’s high-profile policy debates, notable non-profit initiatives, and high-stakes corporate communications campaigns. Learn more here.
BRIAN DONAHUE | JARED MICHAEL | CAITLIN DONAHUE | JOHN RANDALL | JAMES KROL | SRIDHAR SHANKAR | JOE GREELEY | KEN JAFFE | MATTHEW ATKINSON | SINEAD CASEY| CORY MARAN | JOE RICHARDS | TRAVIS HOLLER | MORGAN FARENTHOLD | EVAN GASSMAN | LOUISA TAVLAS | CATIE WECKENMAN | ZACH HANOVER | NADAV KESSOUS | ALICE LY | EVAN ROSS | MITCH BINDER | NATALIE TALIS| BRYAN LEVINE